Its too important for anyone who is going for sequencing because the purification of post PCR product is important so as to get the proper sequencing done otherwise its a bad result indeed.
Basicall all the labs would use conventional methods of using the reagents and its a time consumption and also consistency would not be there.
Recently i have been doing some purification using a "Tip". Yes its all in the Tip i.e., micropipette tip. It would hardly take about a minute to use the tip to purify your products and straight away one ca go ahead
Below i am mentioning some of the protocol to use the tips which would give you an clear cut idea. Also the result which is being done and feel the usage of the tip.
Protocol — only a single purification step!
Materials & Equipment
• Diffinity RapidTips — pre-packed with our proprietary material and ready to use out of the box!
• A standard pipettor — single or multi-channel.
• Microfuge tubes to store purified DNA.
• Attach one or more of our pipette tips to a standard P100/P200 pipettor (single or multi-channel).
• Aspirate PCR product into the pipette tip and mix by pipetting up and down for approximately one minute.
• Dispense purified PCR product into a clean tube or well and dispose of the tip in normal laboratory trash — that’s it!