Connect.BarcodeofLife.net

international online community for dna barcoding professionals

OPPORTUNITIES: Funding programs and job openings of interest to barcoders

This Forum is the place to post and find grants programs that might support your barcoding project and announcements of job opportunities.

We hope you'll post things that show up in your inbox for the benefit of other members of the Barcode of Life Community Network.

David

Views: 5396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear All,

I have successfully complete my thesis entitled “MOLECULAR IDENTIFICATION OF BUTTERFLIES AND HOST - PLANT ASSOCIATION USING DNA BARCODING WITH PROTEIN - LIGAND INTERACTION.” In this connection, I would like to work on Post Doctoral fellow or any international project in the field of DNA Barcoding in INDIA or abroad

If anybody could provide  me a chance to get project, that will be a helpful for my feature.

Thanking you all

PhD-postition in systematics on Chironomidae (Diptera) available at NTNU in Trondheim: http://www.jobbnorge.no/job.aspx?jobid=87295

Job advert from a colleague of mine

I’d be grateful if you would alert relevant people to this 3-year postdoctoral position at the University of Essex (UK): “The key role of DOM in regulating microbial diversity, community structure and organic carbon cycling in arctic lakes”.

All the information can be found at http://gs12.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_essex01.asp?newms=jj&id=....

But in brief: This project is directed by Prof. Graham Underwood, Dr Alex Dumbrell and Dr Terry McGenity, and is held jointly with Prof. John Anderson, University of Loughborough. It is a field-based investigation into the linkages between DOM quality, quantity and source, and microbial community structure across a sequence of lakes in West Greenland, and is addressing key questions concerning microbial biogeography, the structuring of communities, and potential shifts in community activity under scenarios of environmental change.

Open Position: Lab Technical Support

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/342031100

JOB SUMMARY:

This position will provide technical support for molecular genetics research and collections in the Laboratories of Analytical Biology (L.A.B.), National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (primary duty station is at the Natural History Museum in DC but some work may take place at the Museum Support Center, Suitland, MD).

The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."

DUTIES:

• Works with Laboratories of Analytical Biology (L.A.B.) staff and individual researchers on multiple projects involving genetic material from a wide diversity of plants and animals.
  • Assists with molecular genetic research and collections.
  • Generates published data using molecular genetic laboratory techniques and equipment.
  • Analyzes and publishes genetic data.
  • Tracks samples, experimental results, and curates molecular collections using appropriate software.
  • Follows lab protocols and published materials and methods.

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:

Experience: One year of full-time experience at the GS-06 level that is close or similar to the work of this job. The experience includes the following activities:generating publishable data using molecular genetics laboratory techniques and equipment for a wide variety of biological genetic material, tracking genetic samples and experimental results, clearly communicating experimental results, and analyzing and publishing genetic data in a for-publication research setting such as a university, museum, or research institution. Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week. Or Education:One full year of graduate level education directly related to the position may be used to substitute the specialized experience requirements. Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.

SELECTIVE FACTOR: Knowledge of molecular genetic laboratory techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, PCR reactions, DNA fragment and DNA sequencing reactions) and equipment.

The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:

• Knowledge of a wide diversity of non-human, non-microbial genetic material.
  • Ability to use molecular genetic laboratory techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, PCR reactions, DNA fragment and DNA sequencing reactions) and equipment.
  • Ability to use software necessary to analyze and publish genetic data.
  • Ability to track samples and experimental results and to communicate results.

Open Position: Biological Science Laboratory Technician (Entomology)

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/342035800

JOB SUMMARY:

This position will provide technical support for molecular genetics research and collections in the Department of Entomology and Laboratories of Analytical Biology (L.A.B.), National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (primary duty station is at the Natural History Museum in DC but some work may take place at the Museum Support Center, Suitland, MD).

The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."

DUTIES:

• Works with individual Department of Entomology researchers on multiple projects involving genetic material from a wide diversity of insects and non-insect terrestrial arthropods.
  • Assists with molecular genetic research and collections and follows laboratory protocols.
  • Generates published data using molecular genetic laboratory techniques and equipment.
  • Analyzes and publishes genetic data.
  • Tracks samples, generates experimental results, and curates molecular collections using appropriate software in order to clearly communicate results to Entomology staff.

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:

Experience: One year of full-time experience at the GS-06 level that is close or similar to the work of this job. The experience includes the following activities: generating publishable data using molecular genetics laboratory techniques and equipment for a wide diversity ofinsect/terrestrial anthropods, tracking genetic samples and experimental results, clearly communicating experimental results, and analyzing and publishing genetic data in a for-publication research setting such as a university, museum, or research institution. Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week. Or Education: One full year of graduate level education directly related to the position may be used to substitute the specialized experience requirements. Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.

Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.

NOTE:

• Unofficial school transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) must be submitted with your application package by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
  • If you have foreign education, you must show proof by the closing date of the vacancy announcement that education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials. Transcripts and proof of the evaluations must be submitted within your application package as indicated under “Required Documents”. Applicants may use the following websites http://www.naces.org/http://www.fceatlanta.com/, or www.ies.aacrao.org  to obtain these evaluations.

HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:

Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. 

All applicants must meet the required Screen-Out-Factor to be minimally qualified.

SELECTIVE FACTOR: Knowledge of molecular genetic laboratory techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, PCR reactions, DNA fragment and DNA sequencing reactions) and equipment.

The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:

• Knowledge of molecular genetic systematic entomology.
  • Ability to use molecular genetic laboratory techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, PCR reactions, DNA fragment and DNA sequencing reactions) and equipment.
  • Ability to use software necessary to analyze and publish genetic data.
  • Ability to track samples and experimental results and to communicate results.

Open Position: Program Director 

NSF is seeking Program Director for ADBC program

NSF/BIO has a job opening for Program Director for the ADBC (Advancing the Digitization of Biodiversity Collections) program. It is being advertised as both a permanent position and as a rotating position. Please follow the links below for more information. 

Permanent Program Director 
Position Title, Series, Grade: Biological Science Administrator (Program Director), AD-0401-04 
Job Opportunity Announcement: DBI-2013-00005 
Job Opportunity Category (Type): Scientific and Professional 
Location(s) (DIR/DIV): BIO/DBI 
Opening Date: 04/29/2013 
Closing Date: 05/28/2013 
USAJOBS Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/342543200 

The NTNU University Museum is seeking a highly qualified postdoctoral researcher for a project on environmental barcoding/metabarcoding of freshwater invertebrates. The position is for 3 years, preferably with start June 1, 2015 and is connected to a project funded by the Research Council of Norway and the Norwegian Environment Agency that involves partners from Canada, Germany and Norway.

Please see the full announcement here: http://www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/109370

Best regards

Torbjørn

Thank you for your post sir

I completed my Doctoral degree in DNA barcoding sir 

currently i am working as project assistant in DNA barcoding of fresh water prawn species and i have experience in this field past 2 years only because my Ph.D., work is about insect DNA barcoding.

if provide me the chance in this project i will discharge my duty with fullest sanctification sir

Thanking you sir

with regards

Dr. C. Vadivalagan

Bharathiar University

India

Email: marinedrug.9@gmail.com

I am very much new to Molecular systematics. Can anyone be of help, pls?

RSS

Translate

Tory's site-wide code

New to the Connect network?

Watch our Intro Webinar

Introduce yourself to the Connect community

Write a blog post

Ask a question

Tory's code

© 2017   Created by Mike Trizna.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service